Managing your practice revenue, billing procedures, and patient accounts are time-consuming and tedious tasks– to put it lightly. They can have a significant impact on your front office efficiency which in turn can influence the patient experience. Here are a few tips to help you streamline your billing and payment processes, reduce billing costs, and increase patient satisfaction.
1. Take an inventory of where you are so you can establish goals for, and periodically analyze (monthly or quarterly), the progress and status of your accounts by tracking 1) Number of days in Accounts Receivable 2) Percentage of net collections, and 3) Aging of Accounts Receivable. With a snap-shot view of these stats, you can keep your eye out for ways you can improve efficiency leading to increased and more timely collections.
2. Create Policies and Procedures- Discuss the guidelines and protocol regarding the process of collections with your team and provide a manual for each staff member for quick-reference. This will ensure a more cohesive understanding of expectations and is more likely to result in an improvement in your revenue management over time.
If you’re up with marketing basics, that means you have embraced the advice as well as the reality (though it may have been a fight with your inner social media demons) that creating a Facebook page is critical to staying competitive in the healthcare space. If you are fairly new to this concept, it may be helpful for you to become familiar with the Social Media Do’s and Don’ts. It may also be wise to get up-to-date with the most recent promotional Facebook post criteria.
Now that you have come to terms with that first step–joining the social media world–let’s move on to what to do next to stand out from all the other healthcare practices that have also embraced Facebook as a viable means for marketing.
How can you make the most of Facebook to market your practice in order to expand your reach and tap into another source of referrals?
We are excited (Uber excited to be exact) to announce our newest integration into our already featured-loaded service platform. Intuitive technology meets door-to-door patient transportation when Solutionreach and Uber Ride Reminders team up. Together they are kicking things up a notch and transforming patient accessibility to healthcare as we know it.
Through this integration, patients are equipped with a convenient tool that provides them timely and direct access to you—their trusted healthcare provider. Solutionreach intelligence identifies when a patient is due for a visit to see you, and Uber Ride Reminders ensures your patients are more likely to keep their care appointments and arrive on time.
Cutting-edge mobile app technology gives patients have the ability to quickly and easily be connected to local Uber drivers–making it simple for them to get wherever they need to go, from wherever they are. With Uber’s ability to precisely deliver your patient directly to your practice, they now have a reliable solution for quickly booking an affordable ride, and ensuring they arrive on time to their scheduled appointment.
But this scenario can only happen once the patient manages to call in during business hours. Scheduling an appointment is just another thing they remember they needed to do that day only after they are lying in bed.
But–of course–it’s too late, then, because your office is closed. Statistics back this up: Agents are transferring patient calls over 63% of the time.
Patients want more convenience.
Pay-Per-Click Advertising can be a great online marketing tool. In one recent survey, companies ranked paid search ranked the third most likely form of internet marketing to have a positive Return on Investment, 12% ahead of Social Media.
So how can your Private Practice make the most of PPC ads? The answer to that question will vary depending on each practice. But here are 6 tips that all private practices can use to make the most of their PPC Ads.
1. Do Local Area Keyword Research Before You Place Your Ad
Google is the major player in the PPC ad market. They even offer a free Keyword Planning Tool that can show you how many times a specific keyword or set of words is being searched (ie. 100 hits/month). The most important thing for your private practice is to make sure you are using the target audience feature in the second section of the AdWords window. This lets you dial-in your keyword search to your local area, giving you the most accurate results concerning what keywords your potential customers are actually using.
You work hard every day to ensure your practice runs efficiently, your patients are happy and your business is thriving. Financial stability is key to your long term success. Rather than discussing how-to’s on marketing more effectively or how to retain and acquire patients in order to accomplish this, how about a little advice on ways you can actually save money, which is almost as important.
Anything you can do to cut costs by improving office efficiency is worth taking the time to look at and consider implementing, as poor practice management has a ripple effect among staff, provider, patients and your practice’s long-term success.
Here are 5 practice saving tips that can have a significant impact on your bottom line:
1. Create and stick to a budget- Sitting down to hash out a budget is a good opportunity to see where time, money and other resources are being maximized as well as wasted. If you haven’t taken a good look at the areas suggested below, and aren’t implementing them into your current budget, it may take a year or two to see a reflection of an overall savings, but in some cases, it can be substantial.
2. Eliminate overtime- If you have employees who are consistently working overtime, it is likely that poor organization skills and/or job performance are the culprits. Evaluate the reasons staff members end up needing to stay past normal office hours. Come up with solutions on how you can work together as a team better in order that you can all get out of there on time! Reassign duties and responsibilities if necessary.
As technology continues to advance, creative minds seem to be ever more creative in dreaming up new products and services to help businesses and practices today to operate and succeed at a higher level than they have were before. But an innovative idea doesn’t always translate into a successful, thriving business. Hands down, exceptional customer service is a critical factor to keeping your doors open long term. Here are a few more examples from satisfied customers as to why we have been in business for over 15 years and are still leading the industry in patient relationship management:
I’m Tyrone from Campbell Medical Clinic and I deal with the marketing side of our business. I am emailing you in order to praise Alyssa on such superb customer service! She was so courteous and patient with all of my questions and I really appreciated the accurate, step-by-step guidance she gave me when navigating through your website.
Alyssa even went above and beyond, linking the sites we needed to be linked on our survey and calling us back upon completion. She did it so swiftly, that I wasn’t expecting to hear back from her so soon! If Alyssa represents what Solutionreach is all about, then I can speak from all of us at Campbell Medical Clinic when I say, “We chose the right company to service our patient management needs!”
Thank you for a job well done!
There is always room to improve your bottom line. Fortunately, there are so many new ways to achieve this in our digital era. Whether you own a new practice or an established one, everyone could use a little help brushing up on their marketing skills. With technology evolving at a rapid pace, it is important to evaluate your current marketing strategies every quarter to be sure you are keeping your practice relevant.
Here are five questions to help you evaluate your current marketing strategies:
1. What is working and what is not? Taking the time to reflect on your practice’s current pros and cons is the ideal way to get the ball rolling. Once you have a firm understanding of the office’s strengths and weaknesses you can move forward with ideas to improve.
2. How can you improve your current standing? Now that you have examined the current state of your practice, it is time to set a plan for improvement into place. Meet with your staff and partners and create a detailed business strategy for each quarter. Include various goals and benchmarks you would like to meet and consider the methods by which you may achieve them. For example, if a weakness of the practice is missed appointments, set a goal to cut missed appointments in half by implementing an automated appointment reminder service.
How well does your community know you and your practice staff?
Would you like to be the practice people are talking about or the name people give to friends and family who ask for a referral for a good dentist in town?
Here’s an idea of how to get your practice to be the talk of the town– take your practice on the road!
Today’s Marketing Monday suggests visiting a local school and giving kids something from your practice that they can enjoy, but that they can also bring home to their parents. Here are some ideas:
This small act will give you the opportunity to show the people in your community the difference between your practice and the other local providers in town. Make sure when they come in, they feel comfortable and welcome and you may just find yourself winning over many new clients! Try something new! You may have an even better idea–think big–but if you want your community to know you, it might be a good idea to get out and get to know those in your community.
“Solutionreach saved our office a full time employee salary! She never took off ill, never was in a bad mood, never took unscheduled vacation… What else could I tell you?”
- Sherran Bard, Office Manager
Dr. Michael Reece, DDS
“With Solutionreach, we are able to communicate with 95% of our patients instantly with ease and accuracy. Solutionreach has paid for itself many times over with the increase in patient retention and significant decrease in wasted marketing dollars. Solutionreach is on my ‘Most Highly Recommended’ list.”
- Dr. Andy Doerfler, DDS
Patients LOVE it! With Solutionreach our patients can tailor how they wish to be connected with our office. They already knew that we were cutting edge, but they feel we have taken it to the next level with Solutionreach. Way to go Solutionreach!”
- Dr. Roger Macias, San Antonio, Texas
Our recall patients have increased from 80 a month, back when we were manually calling patients, up to 125 a month [64% increase] with no phone calls from us. This frees up time for the front office to work on other things.”
- Ryan Campbell, Regional Office Manager
We have been using Solutionreach for over 5 years. This has been the best marketing tool we have ever used. Considering our practice has tried all of them in the last 25 year, I would not be without Solutionreach!
- Dr. Paul Taxin
Ensuring your practices’ success is what we are all about. To take your practice to the next level or to make sure you are taking full advantage of all our platform has to offer, take a demo or reach out to revolutionary customer support for maximum results!