No matter how awesome your practice is, it's still important to let people know about it! Unfortunately, marketing is a challenge for everyone--regardless of industry! Many specialties have become increasingly competitive—and organizations are scrambling to keep up. Of course, you need to start by offering the great care and the experience every patient wants. But what can you do to make sure potential patients know about the incredible care you provide? We asked healthcare professionals like you, along some industry experts, what innovative and unique strategies they recommend to attract new patients.
Here are their answers.
1. "Reviews! Asking patients for their review via email/text. We receive reviews through Facebook and google and also have them posted on our website." Carissa Sanford, Bowersox Vision Center
2. "Social media plugging is key to marketing a practice. Push ads on social media platforms and post fun pictures that have nothing to do with sales for patient interaction." Cameron Crittenden, Wood Eye Care Center
3. "Don't neglect your phone number on your Google Ads. There are many patients who still want to pick up the phone and call your practice. But if you put the same number on every Google Ad, you can't track back which ad is driving the most phone calls.
There is a solution! What most people don't realize is that google provides an easy way for you to have different phone numbers on each ad. When patients dial those numbers, they are routed to your practice's phone number AND Google tracks the call as a click. The feature is called Call Extensions and is a great way to track phone conversions alongside your online ones." Colin Hung, CMO and Editor, Healthcare IT Today
4. "I would say to figure out your target demographic and go from there. We reach our more senior patients with ads in the local newspaper, one of our doctors is very present with the local elementary schools, and we have a great online presence for the ages in between." Amber Haney, Bowersox
5. "Our office manager participates in networking groups and local chamber of commerce activities." Charity Hardy, Dental by Design
6. "Word of mouth is always fabulous, but to reach new patients our dentists publish articles in the local newspapers answering dental questions. We support and sponsor a lot of local community happenings that get our name out there." Terry Ebert, Carpenter Dental
7. "We have brought bagels and coffee to attorneys' offices, schools, fire departments, etc. and handed out information." Patrick Trenary, Active Family Chiropractic
8. "We do referral bonuses. We give the patient who refers a patient to us either a $25 Amazon gift card or a $50 credit towards their treatment. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!" Tanya Mazur, Citrus Heights Dental
9. "Our office participates in a team bonus system, instead of individual. Therefore, if the entire office does well, the entire office receives the same compensation. I feel that is particularly important in a way that each employee is, in fact, taking care of each patient." Sumer Page, Harrison Eye Clinic
To read the rest of the tips, go ahead and download the entire free guide.