Could you be doing more to make your patient appointment reminders more powerful and effective?
Solutionreach messaging gives you a wide variety of options for customization.
Especially if your practice hasn’t taken advantage of the unlimited training available to any and all office staff members, it’s possible that you are unaware of the capabilities available to you.
Things to consider for customizing appointment reminders to patients:
Every practice is different. Each has its own focuses,specialties, and strengths. The following list is far from all-encompassing, but can help you consider a few important points as you choose how the Reminder settings for your practice should be configured.
- Patients who schedule appointments far in advanced (e.g., annual checkups) often forget about these commitments and accidentally double-book appointments.
Sending a reminder more than one week in advance can give patients enough notice to either fix any conflicts or cancel the appointment with enough time for you to schedule another patient at that time.
- Your cancellation policy should be taken into consideration when sending reminders. If your practice charges a fee for appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, for example, sending your reminders the day before the appointment may not allow patients enough time to cancel when necessary.
- Even patients who have submitted a confirmation recently can forget this the day of the appointment. A reminder a couple of hours prior to an appointment gives the patient enough notice to cancel plans and hurry to your practice on time.
- Sending too many messages can frustrate patients, but sending too few can reduce effectiveness. You can always start somewhere in the middle with two or three reminders and adjust settings later after getting feedback.
- No setting has to apply to all patients. Individual patients can have an additional message added, an unnecessary message removed, or a template changed. Parts of the platform can even be turned off for the patients who request it. Consider the majority of your patients when configuring the general settings, then make modifications as necessary for individual patients.
- Customizing the reminder template(s) to summarize your cancellation policy can greatly reduce cancellations and avoid frustration. This can be accomplished with a simple statement like, “A small short-notice fee of $X.XX will be charged for cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.”
Attention Solutionreach Users:
Remember that you can always change your default settings, and override them for individual patient preferences.
Our goal is to help you succeed. If you find yourself confused or unsure about what/how to implement changes, call your dedicated team of Client Success Representatives! You have unlimited training and support - use it!
We are anxious to help you customize the platform to meet the unique needs of your practice - and your patients!