For doctors and patient-based businesses, gone are the days of phone calls and snail mail. Technology has paved a convenient way for businesses to effectively communicate with patients. Sending custom messages, such as email newsletters, social media posts, and text messages, can make a huge difference on how well you connect with your patients. These messages can share important news, updates, and promotions while also personally letting your patients know that you care about them.
Here are some simple examples of how you could build your business using messages, followed by Solutionreach’s own customer testimonials:
1. Fill up your schedule by sending out a “use it or lose it” group message. This way, you can help your patients remember not to miss out on their benefits.
“I recently sent out a newsletter through SR to encourage patients to use their insurance benefits before the end of the year. Literally within minutes, I received an email from a patient wanting to schedule a crown. Smile Reminder pays for itself! I would recommend it to everyone!” –Beth Clifton, Office Manager
2. Connect with your patients and be personable. Show a warmer side of your office and staff by wishing your patients happy holidays with custom e-newsletters.
“The very first day after setting up Smile Reminder, we sent a test message wishing everyone a Happy Halloween. We received a phone call about 30 minutes later from a patient regarding the message and were able to schedule them for $1000 of treatment.” Dr. Alan Nix Teddy Bear Dental Care
3. Make sure your patients are aware of your schedule. If you have any last-minute openings and you want to fill up your schedule quickly and effectively, send out a group message or text informing your patients.
“We are working a short day tomorrow and have several hygienists with openings. We sent a blanket text to our patients stating we had a few openings remaining for cleanings before the end of the year. Within 15 minutes, we scheduled 6 patients and 2 comp exams and had to call another hygienist to come in (we have a pool of 6 we can draw from our Saturday list and most are off this week). We are totally booked and now a waiting list. How simple is that—-and we do not have a front desk or scheduler today…... 15 minutes! They called US. Life is good.” December 30, 2009. Dr. Suzanne Ahnquist, Georgetown, Kentucky
4. Promote your specials and offers with e-newsletters quickly and easily. It does not take too much time to create a simple newsletter to send out to your patients. After all, who doesn’t want to hear about a great deal?
“Love…Love… the newsletter feature… allows us to announce specials and promotions to my patients quickly and easily. We have had Bleaching specials, Invisalign specials, you name it.. and we can always expect to get a good response!” Derrick Hampton
5. Make it convenient and easy for your patients to confirm appointments and respond to messages. By sending out newsletter specials, you are likely to receive calls from patients who are interested in your special promotion. At the same time, you can take the opportunity to cut down on confirmation calls.
“When we do run special savings in our newsletters, our phones ring for 2 days with patients wanting to get on board with special savings. Also, it cuts confirmation calls more than half and many patients enjoy not being bothered on the phone. Love it, love it, love it!!!” Rebecca Simic, Schedule Coordinator @ Remmers Dental Group