If you’re up with marketing basics, that means you have embraced the advice as well as the reality (though it may have been a fight with your inner social media demons) that creating a Facebook page is critical to staying competitive in the healthcare space. If you are fairly new to this concept, it may be helpful for you to become familiar with the Social Media Do’s and Don’ts. It may also be wise to get up-to-date with the most recent promotional Facebook post criteria.
Now that you have come to terms with that first step–joining the social media world–let’s move on to what to do next to stand out from all the other healthcare practices that have also embraced Facebook as a viable means for marketing.
How can you make the most of Facebook to market your practice in order to expand your reach and tap into another source of referrals?
What options does Facebook offer for promoting your practice services to current and prospective patients? There is certainly a bit of strategy to this type of marketing and a few steps that you’ll need to take in order to execute successfully. Let’s take a look…
What is Your Objective With a Facebook Ad?
As a practice staff, you will first need to establish what your goal is for running a Facebook Ad.
- Are you wanting to generate more traffic to your website so people can get a thorough look at your excellent staff and complete menu of services?
- Do you want more people to ‘like’ your Facebook page to expand your reach on social media?
- Do you want people to view a patient testimonial video or a video about the most current or popular procedures or services available to catch them up to speed with recent innovations in your field of expertise?
- Are you holding an event in the near future you want to make sure has record attendance?
Create a Campaign
Once you are all on the same page about your objective, you are ready to discuss and brainstorm what type of campaign you would like to run or promote. Ideas could include:
- Offering a discount on a particular service or procedure each month.
- A campaign to educate current patients as well as the general public relating to:
- A current health concern being talked about in the media and what a plan of action would include to treat or prevent it.
- A recent advancement in technology that could mean a significant and/or immediate improvement in their health.
- Promoting procedures and services you specialize in within your industry which may set you apart from other providers in your area.
Implementing a social media marketing strategy into your plan of action is critical to retaining and acquiring patients as well as staying competitive within your community. Utilizing Facebook to expand your reach is a good move, especially if you are looking for a fresh idea and your practice is ready to take your marketing to the next level.
After you have identified your objective and a campaign you would like to start with, tune in to our follow up post: The Why and How of Facebook Video Ads