In this release, we’ve focused on improving the customer experience by…
- Providing Canadian customers the ability to respond to non-patients
- Updating birthday message emails to be more mobile-friendly
- Removing unnecessary white space from group message emails
SR Conversations: Replying to non-patients in Canada
Canadian customers need the ability to respond to prospective patients when their office receives messages via SR Conversations. Due to Canadian anti-spam legislation (CASL), there are limitations to how practices can communicate with patients and prospective patients.
Here's what the law says (Disclaimer: We cannot give legal advice and encourage our customers to speak to their own attorney for guidance): If a consumer makes an inquiry about a product or service, they have given implied consent under CASL which allows the business to contact the customer for marketing purposes for six months. If within those six months the customer makes a purchase of goods or services, that consent is valid for 2 years. If they do not follow through with a purchase, the business cannot contact them after six months.
What you need to know:
- This is available for all Canadian customers.
- Numbers not associated with patients can now be responded to by the practice for up to 6 months.
- If individuals reply “STOP”, we won’t allow the practice to send additional messages to that number.
- Canadian subscribers can now search for a number not associated with a patient.
- If the number doesn't fulfill legal requirements (inbound msg from that number within 6 months, No STOP keyword found), they will still be blocked from sending messages.
- Canadian Subscribers will be blocked from sending messages to a number if a STOP keyword is found, or if no inbound messages have been received from that number within the last 6 months
- Subscribers can send manual messages or quick message templates but cannot send SR Pay requests or Smart Review invitations, since those messages require that the recipient be a patient.
Platform: Change the layout of the Birthday email message to be more mobile-friendly
In this release, we have updated the layout of birthday messages so that the image is above the text body and aligned to the left. This new layout is displayed both when previewing and editing a birthday message template. Additionally, the signature has been decreased to font size 18 and the font color has been changed to black.
Platform: Group Message Templates Have Unnecessary White Space
With a recent update that made group message templates mobile-friendly, an additional white box was appearing in the email message. This has been removed.